[ID: Black with pink shadow text reads, “Accessibility at the Hall” A green, pink, and white half circle are together in the bottom left corner. The background is parchment colored.]
The LPSU Hall and RCA Theatre Company (RCAT) are committed to excellence in serving all of our patrons. We provide accessibility in the following ways:
- Assistive Listening Systems available upon request. Funded in part by the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association Newfoundland & Labrador and Cultural Spaces through Canadian Heritage.
- Designated accessible viewing areas in the theatre. (See Seat Map)
- An on-site wheelchair available on request.
- The LSPU Hall is happy to accept an “Attendant Pass” through the Access2 Program, for anyone accompanying a person with disabilities. Through the program, people with permanent disabilities who require a support person, carry a personalized Access 2 card with them. The card indicates to the ticket seller that the individual requires the support of an attendant. Participating venues grant one free admission for the support person while the person with the disability pays the regular admission fee. Please make sure to reserve your tickets in advance to ensure seat availability for you and your attendant.
- A Visual Guide of the LSPU Hall.
- RCAT provides one Relaxed Performances during each of the presentations and productions in our season.
- A lift inside the main entrance to provide access to the theatre on the second floor. Staff and volunteers are available to assist with the operation of the lift.
- There is a button-activated automatic door opener on the main door entering our lobby, on the door into the Cox & Palmer Second Space (where there is a bar and waiting area), and on the door to our large dressing room.
- A parking spot outside the front of the LSPU Hall is kept available for accessible parking. (Please note this is not a City of St John’s designated accessible parking spot as Victoria Street has a steep incline.)
- Service animals are always welcome during any public events happening at the Hall. Please advise the box office when booking your seat so an appropriate seat can be booked.
We would like to thank Kim White, former Executive Director of Coalition of Persons with Disabilities NL, Power Productions, Kathy Hawkins of Empower NL, Debbie Ryan of the CNIB-NL, and Aimee Coles and Danielle Knustgraichen of the Autism Society for their invaluable insight and advice in helping to make the LSPU Hall more accessible for performers and patrons.
We are constantly looking for ways to make our service and space more accessible and value your input. Please provide us with feedback! What can we do to improve our service? Contact Brandon Hillier at firstname.lastname@example.org or August Carrigan at email@example.com. Thank you!