Resource Centre for the Arts is committed to gender equity and inclusion and encourages applications from diverse cultural communities, women, members of visible minority groups, those who identify with the LGTBQ2+ community, and persons with disabilities.
Position: Operations Manager
Resource Centre for the Arts is a not-for-profit community arts organization that owns and operates the LSPU Hall and the RCA Theatre Company. Run by an elected Board of Directors, RCA’s mandate is to provide accessible, supportive and well-resourced programs and venues, with a primary focus on the creation, development, and advancement of the performing arts in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the smooth operation and management of the building, the LSPU Hall, ensuring it is well maintained and welcoming to all that use it. Duties include:
- Management of building service contracts (HVAC, sprinkler, alarm, etc.).
- Updating and Maintaining RCA’s Operations Manual.
- Acting as Designated Fire & Safety Officer, which involves quarterly meetings with the Board’s Facilities Committee and reporting to WorkplaceNL.
- Overseeing & coordinating maintenance, which involves supervising & scheduling maintenance staff & service contract providers, tracking & maintaining supply inventory, scheduling routine repairs and maintenance around the building.
- Managing the LSPU Hall booking schedule by adhering to RCA policies, overseeing all rental contracts, and acting as the main point of contact for renters.
- Cox & Palmer Second Space Management, which includes being the main contact for all Second Space renters, using basic lighting & AV equipment for the purposes of helping renters, booking staff and setting up for events as needed, and managing the bar staff & inventory.
- Liaising with Technical Team, which involves scheduling technical meetings and maintaining clear communication between admin staff, technical staff, and renters.
- Working with Box Office Manager to supervise and train casual bar/box office staff.
- Basic accounting and general administrative work (invoicing, cheque requisitions, processing bill payments, ordering office supplies, etc.), providing occasional box office customer service.
Hours/location of work
Work will primarily take place at the LSPU Hall during regular office hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm;
35 hours/week), but occasional weekend/evening and on-call work will be required.
Position is permanent/full time. Salary includes health benefits, vacation, and some flexible working hours.
Anticipated start date: August 24, 2020 (negotiable); 1-week training provided with additional transitional support.
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver, calm under pressure, detail-oriented, organized and provide renters & patrons with courteous and efficient customer service. You must be a strong communicator, who can work well independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment. You should be familiar with the local arts community and dedicated to the growth and development of Resource Centre for the Arts. Other qualifications include:
- Computer literacy; specifically, Microsoft Office Suite Programs and Internet Proficiency
- Experience working in a theatre venue/theatre production is an asset; or posses equivalent relevant experience working with other arts organizations
- Familiarity with building systems, bar management, Box Office software an asset
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and contribute to the organization as needed
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resumé/CV to Suzanne Mullett by email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday August 17, 2020. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.