Box Office Supervisor
General Parameters of the Role
This position will oversee the box office/bar casual staff and will be on call evenings and weekends for performance nights only. This is a part-time (20+ hrs/week depending on performance schedule, hours may vary week to week) position and the will report to the Box Office Manager.
The Box Office Supervisor has the responsibility for box office/bar operations of LSPU Hall theatre during performances. They will be the primary point of contact for all Box Office/Bar Casual Staff, providing them support during their shifts. This position may be required to work box office or bar shifts when no other staff is available, or provide extra support to scheduled staff performance nights when it is busy and additional staff is required. This position works closely with the Box Office Manager with respect to staff scheduling for performance nights but also needs to be able to work independently and without close supervision as most of the hours are outside the normal administration hours of the building.
• Be knowledgeable of upcoming shows (external rentals & RCA Season) including descriptions, latecomer policies, run time, etc.
• Light cleaning may be required (tidying, dusting, sweeping & mopping), occasional snow removal (which must be logged).
• Be familiar with the RCA’s accessibility offers (lift, hearing devices, visual guides, wheelchair, attendant passes, etc.)
• Other office administration duties as they arise.
• Follow opening/closing checklists to ensure proper procedures occur and mistakes are avoided.
• Attend staff meetings/performance reviews.
Below are the duties specific to box office and bar roles and the Box Office Supervisor must be able to perform these along with the supervisory aspect of the position described previously.
• Ensure that on-line ticket sales are always functioning properly, and that patrons receive clear and full instructions regarding the delivery/pick-up of their order.
• Process ticket sales online, by phone, or in person accurately and securely.
• Work with renters and/or staff to ensure complimentary tickets are available and properly labeled for each performance.
• Answer incoming phone calls and emails regarding box office issues in a timely, courteous & professional manner.
• Communicate patron accessibility requirements to technical team.
• Ensure that volunteers are informed of their duties when they arrive for their shift.
• Engage with patrons of the LSPU Hall in a polite & professional manner.
• Ensure that a proper cash float is always available and secure.
• Inventory check at the beginning and end of each shift (label products on date of opening).
• Provide customer service and demonstrate knowledge of all bar product offerings.
• Complete a digital bar report using Excel.
• Complete bar service training (i.e.: Serve Responsible) as required by management.
• Previous supervisory experience required
• Computer literacy specifically, Microsoft Office Suite Programs.
• An understanding of cash operations and inventory control.
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests.
• Cashier or other retail experience.
• Detail oriented.
• Work well under pressure.
• Ability to communicate well and work as part of a team with a minimum of supervision is essential.
• Possess conflict resolution skills.
• Familiarity with Box Office software an asset but not required.
• Previous Box Office and/or Bar experience an asset but not required.
Salary Range: $16/hr – 20+hrs/week
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 15, 2021
For More Information, and to Email Resume and Cover Letter Please Contact:
General Manager, Resource Centre for The Arts
709-753-4531 ext. 201
Deliver or Mail your Resume to:
LSPU Hall, 3 Victoria Street, St. John’s, NL A1C 3V2