Cox & Palmer Second Space
Cox & Palmer Second Space is an accessible multi-occasion room that allows for flexible seating configurations and risers. It has its own limited sound and lighting systems and is perfect for intimate theatrical presentations, as well as workshops, conferences, play readings, recitals, meetings and catered events.
Venue size: 646 sq. feet
- Standing-only: up to 80
- Theatre-style with risers: up to 40
- Bistro-style with tables: up to 28
- Board-room style: up to 20
Not-for-Profit / Corporate Rates
- 6 hours or less: $150-$300
- More than 6 hours: $250-$400
- Box Office 80/20 Split
Services Included in the Fees:
- Full access to Second Space inventory (lighting/sound/video equipment), risers, chairs & tables; set-up & running of all equipment is the responsibility of the renter. Some room-set up (tables & chairs) may be provided with advance notice and is subject to additional fees. RCA Staff will meet with the Renter to review basic use of technical equipment as needed.
- Access to dressing room & wet bar (fridge, kettle, microwave, sink).
- Box office, bar services & ushers (please note that advance ticket sales must be processed through the LSPU Hall Box Office by RCA Staff). If, at the renter’s request, and with RCA’s approval, only one staff member is needed (either box office or bar), rent will reduced by $50.
- Billboard space available on Duckworth Street. Installation & removal is the responsibility of the Renter.
Additional Services Available:
- Stage Set Up (risers, video/sound/lighting equipment): $50
- Technical Staff: $25/hour
- Working on Statutory Holidays: As per Newfoundland and Labrador Labour Standards, employees are entitled to receive wages twice their regular rate for the hours worked on the holiday
- Box Office/Bar Staff regular rate = $15/Hr (3-hour min)
- Technicians regular rate = $25/Hr (3-hour min)
- Insurance: Commercial General Liability coverage is available during the Renter’s use of the Hall for $25
While rental of the Second Space includes the use of this equipment, inventory is subject to change. All details are subject to revision and should be confirmed with RCA staff in advance of your production load-in.
- Folding tables (6 available, 4x 6’ and 2×5’), up to 40 chairs, linens
- 6 Risers (4’x4’ with 1’ or 2’ legs available)
- 1 Podium, 5 music stands
- Projector (Sharp Data, PG-F325W) with VGA/HDMI connection & screen
- ETC Colour Source 40 Fader Lighting Board w/ 12 Lights: six PAR 38, six Chauvet Slim Par Pro H (LED, colour changer); and 1 ULD-360 Dimmer pack
- YAMAHA Stage Pas 300 PA System (2 powered speakers, 1 six-channel sound board, 2 microphones)
Box Office Fees:
- Renter pays all Debit fees (5¢ per transaction) and all Credit Card fees (2.2% + 30¢ per transaction).
- Ticket Fees: for tickets greater than/equal to $12, or for any advance-sold tickets, per ticket sold: $2 in fees – LSPU Hall Building Maintenance Fund Fee ($1.25) plus Box Office Handling Fee ($0.75). The $2 fee is mainly borne by the patron and is added to renter’s ticket prices. Alternatively, the Renter may choose to not sell advance tickets, collecting a cash-only fee/donation at the door without printed tickets at no additional fee.
- Optional CAPE Fund ticket surcharge: $0.50 per ticket, borne by the patron.
- Complimentary Tickets: $0.40 per ticket fee; the comp fee is borne by the Renter.
- Entandem fees apply to different rentals depending on the type of show. All fees are subject to HST.
- For Popular Music live performances, the following fees are applicable:
- Where admission is charged: $15 + 3% of gross receipts from tickets sales; minimum fee of $35;
- Where no admission is charged: $15 + 3% of fees paid to performers; minimum fee of $35.
- For dance, variety, fashion shows, conventions, receptions, etc., the following fees are applicable:
- The Renter must pay a flat fee of $27.76 per performance based on room capacity of up to 100.
- No tape on walls or windows
- No glitter, sand, confetti or rice
- No open flame
- External catering permitted with notice
- All renters are expected to comply with RCA’s Respectful Workplace Policy, available upon request
For all production and event inquiries please contact our Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Hall at 709-753-4531 ext. 207.