Production Assistant for RCA Theatre’s 2019-20 Season
During the 2019-20 Season, the Production Assistant will serve as a point of contact for the RCA Theatre Production Team and the RCA Technical Team and have the role of liaising with all members involved in each of the productions. In addition, the Production Assistant will establish and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts including venue contacts, artists, technical and creative service providers and play an essential role in the administrative processes to ensure the successful implementation of the artistic vision.
Routine office duties include answering telephones, filing and distributing paperwork, data entry, research, processing receipts, photocopying, general office administration and assisting with the creation of schedules, budgets, and other production paperwork. This position is full time but hours may vary depending on production schedules and may include nights and weekends.
The production assistant reports directly to the Artistic Animateur.
- Assist with the creation, distribution, and management of production‐related paperwork
- Assist with the creation of rehearsal schedules and timelines for performances
- Communicate accurate information about production to venue staff
- Assist with the pre-production needs of each of the productions
- Maintain good working knowledge of all relevant health and safety legislation and good working practice
- Other related duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Eager to learn and accept direction
- Highly proficient computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated evidence of successful teamwork
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a busy environment
- Working knowledge of theatrical, film, and/or production procedures and practices
- Comfortable with manual labour
- Experience in stage management or technical theatre an asset
- Driver’s license is an asset