The Technical Assistant is part of the LSPU Hall Technical team and shares responsibility for the effective and efficient management and delivery of Resources Centre for the Arts (RCA) technical services. The Technical Assistant reports to the Technical Director.
· To participate in the delivery of all technical aspects of productions, conferences and events as required
· To participate in the provision of technical services: lighting, sound, staging, rigging and to ensure, under the direction of the Technical Team, the safe, effective and efficient running of all technical aspects of incoming productions and events
· To work shows, concerts and events and run turnarounds, ensuring the safe and smooth running of the technical areas
· To promote and participate in an alert and positive approach to Health & Safety in the delivery of all RCA technical stage services, (i.e. get-ins, fit-ups, get-outs, break up, rehearsal and performance or any production or part, or event), in accordance with RCA’s Health & Safety policy and practice
· Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with clients
· Be detail-oriented and work well under pressure
· Ability to work as part of a team with a minimum of supervision is essential
· Ability to participate in the delivery of multiple tasks and priorities
· AMPLIFY Mandatory Participant Eligibility:
► Youth between the ages of 16 and 30, generally having completed Level II in high school.
► Youth who encounter challenges which may impact their ability to find or retain employment and who may have had little previous exposure to the world of work.
► Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
► Must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations. International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Parameters of Work: $15/hr 35hrs per week for 8 weeks
Hours of work may vary to include daytime, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Due to the nature of the work, flexible scheduling is required.
Anticipated Start Date: November 6, 2023 (Negotiable)
Submission Requirements & Contact info
Submit cover letter & resume with references in PDF by email to:
General Manager, RCA/LSPU Hall
3 Victoria Street
St. John’s, NL A1C 3V2
Deadline: October 31, 2023
RCA is dedicated to accessible employment practices and committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace that is reflective of our community and encourage applications from members of communities that have been marginalized based on age, race, colour, gender, disability, national origin or any other protected ground under the Newfoundland and Labrador Human Rights Act. If
you require reasonable accommodation in applying for this position, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the above contact.
AMPLIFY (Assisting My Potential – Labour Initiative for Youth) is a youth employment program offered by the Community Sector Council Newfoundland and Labrador (CSC NL) in partnership with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Department of Immigration, Population Growth and Skills (IPGS).