Resource Centre for the Arts is a community arts organization that owns and operates the LSPU Hall and RCA Theatre Company (RCAT). RCA provides resources and a supportive environment for the production and promotion of the Newfoundland and Labrador performing arts community.
The Communications Officer position reports to the General Manager and the Artistic Animateur. This position manages the promotion of the productions, services, and public image of Resource Centre for the Arts/LSPU Hall (The Hall) and RCA Theatre Company (RCAT).
The ideal candidate will have previous experience developing comprehensive publicity and advertising strategies, coordinating the graphic design of promotional materials, using content management systems for website updates, soliciting and organizing media interviews (print, radio and TV), event planning and promotion, writing newsletters, press releases, articles, calendar listings, and public service announcements (PSA’s), and conducting market research.
Other duties will include:
- For RCA Theatre Productions and Presentations – preparing and supervising the design, printing, and production of consistent publicity materials (posters, flyers, newsletters, handbills and programs). This may involve creating basic posters/graphics in house.
- Fielding and responding to media inquiries generated by press releases, or regarding a specific production or event.
- Coordinating handling of reviewers, including contacting them, securing comp tickets, and compiling press packets.
- Coordinating and overseeing photo sessions for public relations and marketing purposes.
- Fund development support of different fundraising campaigns as needed
- Educational background in Marketing, Publicity and/or Communications or equivalent experience.
- Computer literacy specifically Microsoft Office Suite Programs and Adobe Design Premium Software (particularly Photoshop and InDesign).
- Previous Marketing, Publicity, Promotional and/or Administrative experience (min 3 years experience).
- Previous experience working within the arts community.
- High degree of Social Media Literacy
- Experience with Digital Content Creation and Live Stream technology (specifically Facebook, YouTube, OBS)
- Attention to Detail is essential
- Ability to communicate well with multiple constituencies (Artists, Funders, Donors, Sponsors, Media, Graphic Designers)Ability to work as part of a team with a minimum of supervision is essential.
Resource Centre for the Arts is committed to gender equity and inclusion and encourage submissions from BIPOC communities, deaf artists, disability-identified artists, as well as those who identify with the 2SLGTBQIA+ community.
Salary Range: 44-week contract $30,000-$32,000 ($680 per week) with health benefits
DEADLINE EXTENDED FOR APPLICATIONS: September 14, 2021
For More Information, and to Email Resume and Cover Letter Please Contact:
Suzanne Mullett, General Manager
709-753-4531 ext. 201
Deliver your Resume in Person to: LSPU Hall, 3 Victoria Street, St. John’s, NL A1C 3V2