RCA Theatre Company
This glossary uses material from Wiktionary, released under the Creative Commons Attributions-Share-Alike License 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/).
- The state of being accountable.
- Liability to be called on to render an account.
- Accountableness, responsible for, answerable for.
- To deal effectively with something, especially if difficult.
I thought I would never be able to cope with life after the amputation, but I have learned how to be happy again.
- To cut and form a mitred joint in wood or metal.
- The arts, customs, lifestyles, background and habits that characterize a particular society or nation.
- The beliefs, values, behaviour and material objects that constitute a people’s way of life.
- The conventional conducts and ideologies of a community; the system comprising the accepted norms and values of a society.
- Any knowledge passed from one generation to the next, not necessarily with respect to human beings.
- Fear of, dislike of or prejudice against homosexuals.
- The act of immigrating; the passing or coming into a country of which one is not native born for the purpose of permanent residence.
- The process of going through immigration checks at a border checkpoint.
- A part of culture that is passed from person to person or generation to generation, possibly differing in detail from family to family, such as the way to celebrate holidays.
- A commonly held system.
- Large-scale or overt aggression toward those of a certain race, culture, gender, etc.; contrasted with microaggression. Example: Deliberate racial slurs.
- Any small-scale verbal or physical interaction between those of different races, cultures, beliefs, or genders that may have no malicious intent, but that can be interpreted as an aggression. Example: “Your English is very good. You are so exotic.”
- An instance of moving to live in another place for a while.
- Seasonal moving of animals, as mammals, birds or fish, especially between breeding and non-breeding areas.
- SEXUAL ORIENTATION:
- One’s tendencies of sexual attraction, considered as a whole.
There are more sexual orientations than simple homosexuality and heterosexuality.